Job seekers who are eligible for relocation assistance can receive payments of up to:
- $3000 if relocating to a capital city
- $6000 if relocating to a regional area
- an extra $3000 if relocating with dependent children.
The new location must be:
- within Australia
- at least 90 minutes away from where the job seeker currently lives, based on normally acceptable travel routes.
If the move is between capital cities, the new location must have a lower unemployment rate than where the job seeker currently lives.
If you are a job seeker, find out more about how you can access help to relocate for work.
Information is also available for employers on how Relocation Assistance to Take Up a Job can help you find staff.
How do I apply?
To apply for the Relocation Assistance to Take Up a Job programme, talk to your local jobactive or Disability Employment Services provider.
Want more information?
- Call the Employment Services Information Line on 13 62 68
- If you are registered with jobactive or Disability Employment Services you can talk to your provider, and ask them about eligibility information and what assistance you can receive, or call the National Customer Service Line on 1800 805 260
- Read the Relocation Assistance to Take Up a Job programme general fact sheet
Note that call charges apply for calls to ‘13’ and ‘1800’ numbers from mobile phones.