As part of its Economic Response to the Coronavirus, the Australian Government is supporting small businesses to retain their apprentices and trainees through a wage subsidy. Where a small business is not able to retain an apprentice, the subsidy will be available to a new employer.
The National Careers Institute Engagement Hub is live.
The Institute wants to hear your views on the current state of the careers development system, what it should strive to achieve, the role of the Institute, and who the Institute should serve.
Welcome to the Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business
- Wage subsidies
- Restart - help to employ mature workers
- Work for the Dole
- Job Outlook
Skills and Training
- Supporting Apprentices and Trainees
- Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow
- National Careers Institute
- National Skills Commission
- Skills Organisations
- Review of the Australian Apprenticeships National Skills Needs List
- Self-employment—New Business Assistance with NEIS
- Small Business Digital Champions
- Small Business overview
- Backing Small Business
- Australian Small Business Advisory Services (ASBAS) Digital Solutions
- Franchising Code of Conduct