For details, visit the Departmentʼs 2020–21 Budget page.
As part of its Economic Response to the Coronavirus, the Australian Government is supporting small businesses to retain their apprentices and trainees through a wage subsidy. Where a small business is not able to retain an apprentice, the subsidy will be available to a new employer.
While many businesses have been adversely affected by COVID-19 and are reducing their workforces, there are some areas of the economy which have an increased demand for workers.
Welcome to the Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business
- Wage subsidies
- Restart - help to employ mature workers
- Self-employment—New Business Assistance with NEIS
- Work for the Dole
Skills and Training
- Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements
- Supporting Apprentices and Trainees
- Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow
- National Careers Institute
- National Skills Commission
- Skills Organisations