Why have I been referred to the OES?
Services Australia referred you to OES if you:
- applied for a Centrelink payment on or after 30 March 2020; or
- have been granted a Centrelink payment eligible for employment services on or after 16 April 2020.
What if I live in a New Employment Services Trial (NEST) region?
If you live in one of the New Employment Services Trial (NEST) Employment Regions in Adelaide South in South Australia or Mid-North Coast in New South Wales, you will be referred to Digital Employment Services instead of OES. From here, if eligible, you may be referred to an NEST Employment Services Provider. If you are located in a NEST region, please refer to the fact sheet Changes to Digital Servicing in the New Employment Services Trial.
What do I need to do in the OES?
- Go to jobactive.gov.au/online-employment-services
- Sign into your myGov account.
- Select Australian JobSearch from the list of services to link your account.
- Follow the prompts to set up your jobactive job seeker account.
Refer to the user guides at jobsearch.gov.au/how-to-guide for help.
Once you have linked your accounts, there are two things you must do:
- Complete the Job Seeker Snapshot
- This is a series of questions to help us understand the level of support you need to find a job.
- If you have already done the Job Seeker Snapshot, you don’t need to do it again unless your circumstances have changed or if there’s new information we need to know.
- If you need extra support, we may move you from online services and refer you to an employment service provider.
- Review and agree to your Job Plan
- A Job Plan is a list of tasks and activities, like searching for jobs, you need to do in return for receiving a Centrelink payment.
- It is important you do the tasks in your Job Plan to make sure your payment is not affected
- You won’t be able to agree to your Job Plan if you are waiting to get your payment
I’ve tried agreeing to my Job Plan but I can’t/I’m on an exemption. Do I still need to agree to my Job Plan?
We are aware that some people are having issues reviewing and agreeing to their Job Plan.
Rest assured your payment will not be affected by this issue.
We have put in a fix and you should now only have to review and agree to your Job Plan once. Please sign in to your account and check your tasks to do.
If you are still having issues with your Job Plan, and it asks you to complete it more than once, please let us know by calling the Digital Services Contact Centre on 1800 314 677.
Can I access the OES if I am with a provider?
No, you will stay with your employment services provider but you can still use the jobactive website via jobactive.gov.au/jobseekers to help with your job search efforts. If you have been affected by COVID-19, please refer to information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for job seekers website.
Can I get help from a provider instead of using OES?
If you are having any problems with OES, please call the Job Seeker Hotline on 1800 314 677 to discuss your options including referral to a jobactive provider.
You can also opt out to a provider by clicking ‘Transfer To Provider’ under ‘Quick Links’ on your dashboard, and following the prompts.
What help can I get from the OES?
You can access online employment services any time from your smartphone, tablet or desktop computer. You can find more information from the jobactive website, your dashboard, the blog.jobactive.gov.au or the jobactive YouTube channel. There is a lot of information, tips and links to help support your job search effort.
If you need help with OES:
- Read the user guides at https://jobsearch.gov.au/how-to-guide.
- Contact us on 1800 314 677 or through the online contact form.
When will I be transferred from OES to a jobactive, Transition to Work, or Disability Employment Services provider?
If you are eligible for provider service, you will be transferred automatically after you complete your Job Seeker Snapshot.
If you are eligible for Disability Employment Services, you will be transferred to a provider directly from OES. If you are eligible for Transition to Work, you will be automatically referred to a Transition to Work provider.
If you are a job seeker participating in the OES or Digital Employment Services, the Online Employment Services Guarantee sets out the minimum level of service you can expect to receive, as well as the requirements you need to meet while looking for work.