Foster a productive and competitive labour market through employment policies and programs that assist job seekers into work, meet employer needs and increase Australia’s workforce participation.
- Program 1.1 Employment services
The department measures its progress towards achieving Outcome 1 against five employment services objectives and one program measure:
- Job seekers find and keep a job.
- Job seekers move from welfare to work.
- Job seekers meet their mutual obligations.
- jobactive organisations deliver quality services.
- Young people move into work or education.
- jobactive–overall program measure.
Facilitate jobs growth through policies that promote fair, productive and safe workplaces.
- Program 2.1 Workplace Support.
- Program 2.2 Workers’ compensation payments.
The department measures its progress towards achieving Outcome 2 against three objectives:
- The Fair Entitlement Guarantee functions effectively.
- Commonwealth-funded projects are undertaken by builders accredited by the Office of the Federal Safety Commissioner.
- The workplace relations system contributes to the productivity agenda by encouraging the adoption of flexible and modern workplace relations principles.