Together in 2016–17
- New Enterprise Incentive Scheme supported the establishment of 6,172 small businesses—up from 5,152 established in 2015–16.
- jobactive providers recorded over 370,000 job placements.
- Transition to Work service has helped 26,759 young people become more work ready.
- Harvest Labour Services filled close to 14,200 harvest jobs, up almost 12% from 2015–16.
- 4,894 young people have commenced new Employability Skills Training courses (since April 2017) to gain pre-employment skills.
- ParentsNext was implemented, connecting parents of young children to services to help prepare for employment.
- The Fair Entitlements Guarantee assisted 12,354 redundant workers.
- The jobseeker mobile app was downloaded by 190,000 jobseekers.
- The Department represented Australia in international discussions to prepare and respond to the future of work.
- 78% of newly accredited companies reported improved workplace safety practices.
- The Department launched its first Gender Equality Action Plan supporting workplace gender equality.
More jobs. Great Workplaces
More job seekers into jobs. Safe, fair and productive workplaces.
The Department of Employment is responsible for national policies and programs that help Australians find and keep employment and work in safe, fair and productive workplaces.