Medium to large businesses in regional Australia can apply to participate in the Career Revive initiative to receive support to attract and retain skilled women returning to the workforce after a career break.
Each year for the next three years, 10 medium to large regional businesses will benefit from expert advice and support provided by a Business Improvement Consultant. The consultant will:
- support the business to become more adaptable and family friendly by reviewing their physical workplace, processes, policies and their workplace culture to identify potential barriers that might prevent the business from attracting talented women returning to work;
- offer guidance on how to improve the businesses practices and policies and develop a tailored action plan to establish a ‘supported returner program’ within the business; and
- develop a case study of the business for inclusion in an online toolkit that will provide best practice advice, practical resources and learnings for all businesses.
Supported returner programs offer benefits to businesses and employees alike, they are employer-led opportunities that support women returning to the workforce, as well as providing a competitive advantage for businesses through an increased ability to attract and retain skilled women from a wider talent pool.
How can I participate in Career Revive?
Interested medium to large regional businesses can apply to participate in the Career Revive initiative via an Expression of Interest process.
To be eligible to participate in Career Revive businesses must:
- be a medium to large business (20+ employees)
- be located in a regional area (includes all areas of Tasmania and the Northern Territory and any business operating in multiple locations including capital cities and regional towns).
- want to strengthen their business recruitment practices to better recruit and retain women.
If you meet these criteria, apply now to participate in Career Revive.
It is anticipated that businesses will be contacted in August 2019 if they have been selected to participate in the 2019 intake.
For further information, please email CareerRevive@employment.gov.au.