Medium to large businesses in regional Australia can apply to participate in the Career Revive initiative to receive support to attract and retain skilled women returning to the workforce after a career break.
Each year for the next three years, 10 medium to large regional businesses will benefit from expert business improvement advice and support provided by KPMG.
- support the business to become more adaptable and family friendly by reviewing their physical workplace, processes, policies and their workplace culture to identify potential barriers that might prevent the business from attracting talented women returning to work;
- offer guidance on how to improve the businesses practices and policies and develop a tailored action plan to establish a ‘supported returner program’ within the business; and
- develop a case study of the business for inclusion in an online toolkit that will provide best practice advice, practical resources and learnings for all businesses.
Supported returner programs offer benefits to businesses and employees alike, they are employer-led opportunities that support women returning to the workforce, as well as providing a competitive advantage for businesses through an increased ability to attract and retain skilled women from a wider talent pool.
How can I participate in Career Revive?
Interested medium to large regional businesses can apply to participate in the Career Revive initiative via an expression of interest process.
To be eligible to participate in Career Revive businesses must:
- be a medium to large business (20+ employees)
- be located in a regional area (includes towns, small cities and areas outside the major capital cities of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Canberra).
- want to strengthen their business recruitment practices to better recruit and retain women.
Expressions of interest for the 2019 intake have now closed.
The expression of interest process for the 2020 intake will be available in April 2020. If you would like to be notified of when this expression of interest is released, please email CareerRevive@employment.gov.au.
Businesses chosen for 2019 intake of Career Revive
The following 10 businesses have been selected to participate in the 2019 intake of the Career Revive initiative:
- ALS Industrial Pty Ltd
- Australian Paper
- Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal Pty Ltd
- DON – a division of George Weston Foods
- KEECH Castings Australia Pty Ltd
- Kingston Estate Wines Pty Ltd
- Regional Australia Bank Ltd
- Sandvik Mining and Construction Australia
- Total Fire Solutions (Australia) Pty Ltd
- University of Wollongong