Flexible and focussed on local decision making and local solutions, the CDP is an essential part of the Australian Government’s agenda for increasing employment and breaking the cycle of welfare dependency in remote areas of Australia.
The Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet (PM&C) Regional Network works in partnership with providers to ensure job seekers are taking part in activities that benefit the community. The PM&C Regional Network also plays an important role in ensuring activities are meeting the needs of remote communities.
- Information regarding the CDP can be viewed by visiting the CDP webpage of the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet’s website. Here you will find CDP Information and Factsheets on employment and economic development in remote Australia and information about the CDP provider in your region.
- For enquires about CDP in your region, contact the provider in your region or the PM&C Regional Network.
- You can also contact the Employment Services Information Line (ESIL) 13 62 68 for general information on employment services and the CDP and to reset Australian Jobsearch passwords.
- The Department of Employment’s National Customer Service Line (NCSL) 1800 805 260 can help with questions about jobactive, the Government's employment services programme that operates outside remote Australia.
- For general enquires or feedback about the changes to remote employment services, email: email@example.com. Complaints about the CDP can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.