What is a contractor?
A contractor is a worker who carries out work for us and we don’t directly employ them.
Work Health and Safety Online Induction
The online induction is to provide contractors, sub-contractors and their employees with information on health, safety and appropriate conduct at the department.
All contractors and their workers including approved sub-contractors are required to complete the online induction prior to commencing any work on departmental managed sites.
What is covered in the online induction?
The module is divided into three units, concluding with a short assessment:
- Work health and Safety Responsibilities
- Workplace Safe Practices
- Emergency, Incident and Injuries
- Short assessment
Accessing the online induction portal
The induction takes about 20 minutes to complete.
First time accessing the site?
You will be required to first register. For future access to the site, keep your registration details in a secure location.
Once you have completed the induction
Once you have completed the online induction, and passed the short assessment, you will be provided with a completion certificate.
You will need to show this certificate or a photo of the certificate when requested by the department or in non-conformance.
Workplace Health and Safety Essentials
As a visitor to the department, you have a duty under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 to:
- take reasonable care for your own health and safety;
- take reasonable care that your acts or omission do not adversely affect the health and safety of others;
- comply with all reasonable instruction that is given by the Department to allow you to comply with this Act;
- co-operate with any reasonable policy or procedure of the Department relating to health and safety of the workplace; and
- immediately report all incidents, hazards including near misses and injuries to your point of contact within the Department following a briefing from your Departmental point of contact.
If you have any questions or require further information regarding the online induction, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or departmental contact.