We value the contributions of people with different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. This commitment is reinforced in our:
- Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2018–2020
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment and Career Action Plan 2016 - 2018
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Employee Action Plan 2016 – 2020
- Disability Action Plan 2018 – 2020
- Gender Equality Action Plan 2016 – 2019
- Intergeneration Leadership Action Plan 2018 – 2020
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer (LGBTIQ+) Action Plan 2018 – 2020
- Reconciliation Action Plan May 2017–May 2020.
The department actively encourages diversity and supports the following staff networks:
- Indigenous Staff Network (ISN)
- Disability and Carers Network (DCN)
- Gender Equality Network Inclusion for Everyone (GENIE)
- Network of Employment Women in IT (NEWinIT)
- Pride Network
As a further commitment to workplace diversity, the department has appointed members of the Senior Executive Service (SES) to the roles of:
- Indigenous Leader
- Indigenous Champion
- Disability Champion
- Pride Champion
Their role is to assist in progressing diversity and inclusion within the department and offer support to employees from diverse groups.
For more information visit the Department Champions page.