The Department of Employment is committed to providing the best service possible to our stakeholders and the Australian community. This includes a commitment to being open to receiving feedback and being responsive in managing concerns or complaints about our administration of claims for assistance under the Fair Entitlements Guarantee (FEG).
How to provide feedback, complaints and compliments
Feedback, complaints and compliments can be sent to the department by:
Facsimile: (02) 6276 8717
Complaints Management Officer
Fair Entitlements Guarantee Branch
Department of Employment
GPO Box 9880
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Or call the FEG Hotline on 1300 135 040 (9am–5pm Monday to Friday Canberra time, excluding ACT and national public holidays).
When we receive feedback that forms the basis of a complaint, we will manage the complaint in accordance with the below key principles.
- treat complaints seriously and be courteous to complainants
- apply the Fair Entitlements Guarantee Act 2012 consistently when dealing with complaints
- listen to and respond to concerns in a transparent and objective manner.
There is no fee associated with making a complaint and we provide access to various mechanisms for people to raise concerns with us.
- aim to finalise our response to you within five business days. If we experience delays in finalising matters due to the nature of the concern, we will ensure you are informed about progress
- refer you to another relevant government department or agency if the concern or complaint relates to matters outside the scope of FEG
- respond to your complaint in plain language
- ensure the accuracy of information when responding to your complaint
- regularly review the nature and incidence of feedback or complaints raised to identify areas where we can improve.
Services available to assist you in making a complaint
If you have difficulty speaking or understanding English, call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) on 131 450 for the cost of a local call. Ask TIS National to call the FEG Hotline on
1300 135 040.
If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service (NRS) in two easy steps:
- Choose your preferred NRS access point
- Give the FEG Hotline phone number 1300 135 040 (9am–5pm Monday to Friday Canberra time, excluding ACT and national public holidays).