I want to explore my career options
If you’re not sure what sort or work you want to do, are considering a career change, or need some help to prepare for work, the Department has a range of online resources with useful information to help you.
Explore careers that interest you
Is this for me?
- I want to explore my career options
- I want to learn about job tasks, prospects and pay
- I want to know which skills are in demand
- I want to find careers that suit my work style and interests
- I want to help someone decide what to do for work, study or training
- I want to learn more about my skills and discover the jobs I could do with my work experience
If you need help planning your future career, or you’re looking for a change, the Job Outlook website can help you find the careers that suit your skills and interests, and identify growth industries in need of people like you.
You can try the Career Quiz on Job Outlook to help you understand your work style and the types of careers you might enjoy. The Skills Match feature helps you to identify the skills you have built in past jobs, and suggests new jobs you might be able to move into that use your skills, including the training or skills you might need to build on to make the leap.
Prepare for work
Is this for me?
- I’m under 25
- I’m looking for help to plan my career
- I want information and tips to help with my job search
If you’re under 25 and looking for help to plan your career, or you’re looking for tips on how to find a job, Job Jumpstart can help you take control of your job searching.
The website offers articles, tips and resources on a vast range of topics.
The website can help you:
- learn different ways to contact employers about jobs
- find the jobs and industries that might suit you
- understand how to develop your skills and build your experience
- make your job application stand out
- adjust to the workforce and understand your workplace rights and responsibilities.