I want to explore my career options
If you’re not sure what sort or work you want to do, are considering a career change, or need some help to prepare for work, the Department has a range of online resources with useful information to help you.
Explore careers that interest you
Is this for me?
- I want to explore my career options
- I want to learn about job tasks, prospects and pay
- I want to know which skills are in demand
- I want to find careers that suit my work style and interests
- I want to help someone decide what to do for work, study or training
- I want to learn more about my skills and discover the jobs I could do with my work experience
If you need help planning your future career, or you’re looking for a change, the Job Outlook website can help you find the careers that suit your skills and interests, and identify growth industries in need of people like you.
You can try the Career Quiz on Job Outlook to help you understand your work style and the types of careers you might enjoy. The Skills Match feature helps you to identify the skills you have built in past jobs, and suggests new jobs you might be able to move into that use your skills, including the training or skills you might need to build on to make the leap.
Prepare for work
Is this for me?
- I want to understand what jobs and industries suit me
- I want to know how to find and connect with employers with jobs
- I want practical information and tips to help me tailor job applications to meet employer needs
- I want to know how to stand out from the crowd when talking with employers about their jobs
- I want tips on starting or transitioning to a new job
The Job Jumpstart website has articles, videos, tip sheets and other practical resources on a vast range of topics.
Job Jumpstart can help you:
- understand what employers are looking for in workers
- identify your strengths and work preferences so you can understand what jobs might suit you
- explore opportunities to develop your skills and build your workplace experience
- tailor applications to specific jobs and employers
- build your confidence in approaching employers about jobs
- adjust to the workforce and understand your workplace rights and responsibilities.