I want to relocate for work
If you’re struggling to find work in your local area or you’ve found your perfect job in another region but can’t afford to move, the Relocation Assistance to Take up a Job program could help you.
Help to relocate for a job
Is this for me?
- I’ve been on income support for 12 months or more
- I’m struggling to find work in my local area
- I need financial help to move to a different area for a job
If you find a full time, ongoing employment opportunity the Relocation Assistance to Take up a Job program can assist eligible participants to relocate.
To be eligible for relocation assistance you must be:
- registered with a jobactive provider or be participating in Disability Employment Services
- receiving an eligible income support payment (Newstart Allowance, Youth Allowance (other) or Parenting Payment) for the past 12 months; and have mutual obligation requirements.
Relocation assistance is flexible and can be used to pay for up to 2 months’ rent, removalist and travel costs as well as employment related expenses.