For individuals, staying in work helps to improve health outcomes, self-esteem and social and emotional wellbeing. Working helps people stay more socially connected and retain a sense of purpose. It leads to more financial security over our longer life time, and greater input into the economy.
The following resources aim to give older workers ideas about how to remain in the workforce including how to change careers, look for work or start a business.
There’s also a handy video to show the skills built over a lifetime can be used to transfer into all sorts of jobs.
- Discovering hidden job opportunities
- Start your own small business
- Jobs for you to consider in your 40s, 50s and 60s
- What to do when you’re out of work in your 40s, 50s or 60s
- Where are the jobs? – Looking for work in your 40s, 50s and 60s
- What employers want