Resources for Providers
- VET Student Loans Manual for Providers
- HELP Information Technology System (HITS) User Guide
- Data Reporting: HEIMS Guides
- VET Student Loans Advertising Materials – Style Guide
- HITS and eSAM Training Videos and Quick Reference Guides
- VET Student Loans 2018 Annual Reporting Requirements
- VET Student Loans Courses and Loan Caps
- VET Student Loans Student Engagement and Progression
- VET Student Loans Course Caps Indexed Amounts (for providers)
- VET Student Loans Application Fee and Annual Charge
- VET Student Loans Ongoing Financial Performance requirements
- Cost Recovery Implementation Statement – information on cost recovery
- Data Provision and Statutory Declarations for 2019 Monthly Census Dates
- Guide to Condition Variations and Third Party Arrangements for approved providers
- Student Fact Sheet: Tax File Number (TFN) Mismatch
- Requests from Listed and Not-for-Profit Providers for additional approved courses (Schedule 3)
- Tuition assurance: Assisting displaced VET FEE-HELP and VET Student Loans students – Replacement provider requirements and information
- Quick Guide - Marketing and Publishing
- Quick Guide - Eligibility
- Quick Guide - Applications
- Quick Guide - Information Requirements
- Quick Guide - Census Days and Fee Periods
- Quick Guide - Record Keeping
- Quick Guide - Progressions
- Quick Guide - Processes and Procedures
- VSL Provider Annual Forecasts 2019
- Statutory Declaration - VET FEE-HELP and VET Student Loans
- Statutory Declaration - citizenship - ATSI student whose birth was not registered
- VET Student Loans Parental Consent Form
- Adding Approved Course Form (Schedule 3)
Language literacy and numeracy (LLN) assessment tool information
Approved LLN assessment tools for use to meet the VET Student Loans program student entry requirements are available on the Language literacy and numeracy (LLN) assessment tool information page. The page also contains information for VET Student Loans approved course providers seeking approval of an LLN assessment tool.
Census day calculator
A provider must set census days for each course [VET Student Loans Act 2016 s58(2)]. There must be at least 3 census days for the course. Each census day for part of the course must be at least 20 per cent of the way between when that part of the course starts to be provided and when a student is reasonably expected to complete that part of the course [VET Student Loans Rules s131].
The census day calculator is provided to assist providers calculate a compliant census day, if inputting the start and end date for a unit.
NOTE: The calculator does not return dates occurring on a Saturday or Sunday. Where the calculated date occurs on a weekend, the date of the following Monday is returned. It is a provider’s responsibility to check whether the date returned is a public holiday. Where the date returned is a public holiday it is advisable to set the census date on a subsequent business day.
Please report any issues with this calculator to the department.
Frequently Asked Questions
For information on how to apply to become a VET Student Loans provider visit the How to become a VET Student Loans Provider page.
Providers should refer to the VET Student Loans Manual for Providers.
A list of currently approved VET Student Loans Providers is available at VET Student Loans Approved Course Providers. A list of providers that are no longer approved to offer VET Student Loans is available at Providers no longer approved to offer VET Student Loans.
The VET Student Loans (Courses and Loan Caps) Determination 2016 lists all VET Student Loans approved courses and their relevant loan caps. This list is updated twice a year using the current methodology, to take effect January and July each year. See VET Student Loans Course and Loan Caps for more information
Approved providers will be required to submit a business case and complete a Provider request for additional courses form to add courses to those offered by their organisation. If you would like a form, please submit a request through the online enquiry form below.
Further information on the application process, including what to address in the business case is available in the Process for approved providers applying for additional courses
If you are unable to find the information you need or would like further clarification, please submit an enquiry via the online enquiry form below.
For information on how to access and administer the electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF) system please refer to your VET Student Loans New Provider Information Pack. Additional information can be found in the VET Student Loans Manual for Providers. The online eCAF system includes an inbuilt user guide/help field for the provider.
If you are unable to find the information you need or have system faults, please submit an enquiry via the online enquiry form below.
I still need help
If the FAQ's above have not answered your question, you can submit an enquiry using the VET Student Loans Providers Form.