The Privacy Notice explains how personal information provided by the student may be collected, held, used or disclosed, together with training activity information. It also assists to establish a student's expectations of how their personal information and training data may be handled.
The Privacy Notice also makes it clear that the Notice is in addition to any other specific requirements RTOs are obligated to provide to their students, for example, under state or territory privacy laws.
The following is minimum mandatory content for inclusion in a Privacy Notice.
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, [insert RTO name] is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form), may be used or disclosed by [insert RTO name] for statistical, administrative, regulatory and research purposes. [insert RTO name] may disclose your personal information for these purposes to:
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies; and
Personal information that has been disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed by NCVER for the following purposes:
- populating authenticated VET transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage;
- pre-populating RTO student enrolment forms;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive a student survey which may be administered by a government department or NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor or other authorised agencies. Please note you may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the National VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER's website at www.ncver.edu.au).
Please note: This Privacy Notice is to be given to students in addition to the RTO's standard Privacy Notice.