A participant can receive assistance of up to:
- $6000 (GST exclusive) if relocating to a regional area
- $3000 (GST exclusive) if relocating to a capital city
- an extra $3000 (GST exclusive) if relocating with a dependent.
Funding can be used for a range of relocation costs. For example, up to two month’s rent, rental bond, removalist costs, travel costs, food during relocation and some employment-related expenses. Pre-approved assistance is made by reimbursement, paid directly to a service provider or in advance where necessary.
How can I access Relocation Assistance?
To see if you are eligible to apply for RATTUAJ, talk to your jobactive, Disability Employment Services or ParentsNext (Intensive Steam) provider.
The following factsheets provide further information.
Want more information?
- If you are registered with a jobactive, Disability Employment Services or ParentsNext Intensive Stream provider, ask them about eligibility information and the assistance available
- Call the National Customer Service Line on 1800 805 260
Do you need help with this information?
- If you need an interpreter, please call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450* and ask for the National Customer Service Line on 1800 805 260.
- If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment you can use the National Relay Service. For more information, visit the Department of Communications and the Arts website.
Note that call charges apply for calls to ‘13’ and ‘1800’ numbers from mobile phones.