What is New Business Assistance with NEIS?
New Business Assistance with NEIS can help by providing:
- Accredited small business training
- Personalised mentoring and support from a NEIS provider
- NEIS Allowance for up to 39 weeks and NEIS Rental Assistance for up to 26 weeks (if eligible)
Expand eligibility for New Business Assistance with NEIS
The government announced changes to expand the NEIS program. This includes:
- From 15 October 2020, people can access NEIS and start their own business if they are working 25 hours per week or less. This will enable people with part-time work, study or caring responsibilities to participate in the program on a part-time basis
- From 7 December 2020, existing micro-business owners impacted by COVID-19 can access NEIS if they need help to keep their business running or refocus their operations to meet new areas of demand.
35 Years of NEIS
New Business Assistance with NEIS has been providing assistance to eligible people for over 35 years. The NEIS program has a proud history of helping people start their own business and offers valuable support to turn their business idea into reality.
You can read stories of people starting successful new businesses on the NEIS Success Stories page.
Want more information?
- You can directly approach a NEIS provider located in your area. You can find your local NEIS provider on the Find a Provider page on the jobactive website.
- Talk to your jobactive, ParentsNext or Disability Employment Services provider
- Call the Employment Services Information Line on 1800 805 260
- Read the Self-employment—New Enterprise Incentive Scheme general fact sheet. Translated versions of this factsheet are also available.
- Visit the SelfStart online hub.
Note that call charges apply for calls to ‘13’ numbers from mobile phones.