The Tasmanian Jobs Programme can help employers to expand their business and employ new staff, which will help boost the economy and create more jobs.
The wage subsidy is a one-off payment at the end of six months for each eligible Tasmanian job seeker that a business employs. The amounts are:
- $6,500 (GST inclusive) for an ongoing full-time position
- $3,250 (GST inclusive) for an ongoing part-time position (working a minimum of 25 hours per week).
More information is available on how Tasmanian businesses can access help through the Tasmanian Jobs Programme.
Want more information?
- Call the Employer Hotline on 13 17 15
- Read the Tasmanian Jobs Programme general fact sheet
- Information is also available on the full range of wage subsidies available to employers through jobactive.
Note that call charges apply for calls to ‘13’ numbers from mobile phones.