Resources for Providers
- VET FEE-HELP Grandfathering concludes – Information for providers
- Data Provision and Statutory Declarations For 2018 Monthly Census Dates
- Tuition Assurance fact sheet
- Tuition assurance: Assisting displaced VET FEE-HELP and VET Student Loans students – Replacement provider requirements and information
- VET FEE-HELP Grandfathering fact sheet for providers and students
- Tuition Assurance fact sheet
Manuals and Index of Changes
- VET FEE-HELP access in 2018 fact sheet for providers and students
- VET FEE-HELP Granfathering fact sheet for providers and students
- VET FEE-HELP Reform Factsheet – updated December 2015
- VET FEE-HELP Reforms for Providers Factsheet – December 2015
- VET Providers: VET Administrative Information for Providers (2015)
- VET Providers: Addendum to the VET Administrative Information for Providers – incorporating the VET FEE-HELP Reforms 2015/2016.
- Index of Changes: VET Guidelines 2015 to Higher Education Support VET Guidelines 2015
Frequently Asked Questions
VET FEE-HELP Grandfathering – concludes 31 December 2018.
Access to VET FEE-HELP will close on 31 December 2018. This means VET FEE-HELP will not be available for units of study with a census date after 31 December 2018.
Providers may receive requests from students seeking alternative options for payment of tuition fees, including accessing a VET Student Loan.
- consider the ability of a student to transition to the same (or similar) course with access to VET Student Loans
- discuss with students alternative arrangements for paying their tuition fees
- consider your organisation's capacity to teach out these students who are unable to transition to a VET Student Loans approved course.
Further details are available in the factsheet: VET FEE-HELP Grandfathering concludes – information for providers.
Providers may also want to visit the information for students on the Tuition Assurance and Provider Closures page to help assist students with any questions.
VET FEE-HELP providers are responsible for ensuring their business practices comply with requirements as set out in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 and Higher Education Support (VET) Guideline 2015. Further information about the changes introduced on 1 January 2015 as part of the VET FEE-HELP reforms is available in the student-focused and provider-focused fact sheets. Providers can also refer to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The Administrative Information for VET Providers (AIP) manual is provided to help providers understand the legislative requirements. Note this version of the AIP does not incorporate or reflect changes introduced from 1 January 2016. Providers should therefore refer to the legislation and formal notifications from the department, including the Addendum.
Providers have been progressively sent information regarding payments and reporting requirements from 21 December 2016. Contact the department if you do not have this information. Information is sent to contacts used in HITS. Please ensure that your organisation's HITS contact information is up to date.
For information about our financial viability requirements please see Financial Viability Instructions: Applicants and Providers of VET FEE-HELP.
For enquiries about VET FEE-HELP payments please submit an online enquiry form below with the details of your enquiry.
Please refer to relevant systems user guides and manuals (HEIMSHELP and the HITS User Guide).
If you are unable to find the information you need or have system faults, please submit an online enquiry form below.
I still need help
If the FAQ's above have not answered your question, you can submit an enquiry using the VET FEE-HELP Student Enquiry Form.