Data reporting notice and guides – 2020 census days
Until transitioned to TSCI, VSL Providers will continue to provide data reporting submissions in accordance with the updated Secretary’s Notice under subsection 53(1) of the VET Student Loans Act 2016, as follows:
- in accordance with the current requirements set out in the 2019 VET Student Loans Data Requirements and Change Control Document
- through the following channels:
- the Higher Education Client Assistance Tool (HEPCAT)
- web service channel
- the Department web browser
- monthly, in accordance with the timeline in the 2019 Reporting Schedule
- with statutory declaration requirements as set out in the updated Secretary’s Notice.
Links to the 2019 Data Requirements, Change Control Document and Reporting Schedule that apply for 2020 HEPCAT reporting are obtained from HEIMSHELP website.
2021 Data Reporting Requirements
Once TCSI is in production, data reporting requirements for transitioned VSL Providers is summarised below:
- The scope, structure and timing of reporting is as contained in the TCSI VET Reporting Requirements, VET Student Loans Data Collection – 2021 Reporting Requirements, and the Final 2021 Data Element Specifications.
- Reporting is via the following submission channels using the TCSI system:
- APIs (Application Programming Interface) for submission; or
- File upload or web form submission via the TCSI Data Entry portal.
- VSL providers must follow statutory declaration requirements as set out in the updated Secretary’s Notice.
* Please note – Changes may, from time to time, be made to the VET Student Loans data reporting requirements. Ensure you access the latest version. Versions have been renamed to refer to ‘2021’.
Transitional arrangements for VSL Providers will apply from December 2020 to the end of March 2021. Providers can report January to March 2021 census dates via HEPCAT during the transition period using the 2019 structures, elements and codes.
Once transitioned to TCSI, VSL Providers will provide data in accordance with the 2021 VET Student Loans Data Collection Reporting Requirements – see Secretary’s Notice under subsection 53(1) of the VET Student Loans Act 2016, as described above.
VSL providers using TCSI Data Entry can apply for reduced reporting requirements in 2021 by contacting VETstudentloans@dese.gov.au. Reduced requirements will:
- limit reporting to only those students accessing VET Student Loans (rather than all eligible students);
- require monthly rather than event-based reporting.