If you’re looking for secure employment, it’s a good idea to look for jobs in growing industries. Over the next five years it’s predicted that we’ll see jobs growth in:
- Aged and disability carers, registered nurses, child care workers,
- Retail managers, sales assistants,
- Software and application programmers, ICT support technicians
- Carpenters, electricians, plumbers,
- Primary and secondary school teachers, education aides and
- Waiters, kitchenhands and bar attendants and baristas.
In the past five years, the largest numbers of new jobs were created in:
Roles include: Registered Nurses, Aged and Disabled Carers, Child Carers, Nursing Support and Personal Care Workers, and Receptionists.
Roles include Carpenters and Joiners, Electricians, Plumbers, Construction Managers, Building and Plumbing Labourers.
Roles including Primary and Secondary teachers, Education Aides, University Lecturer and Tutors, Private Tutors and Teachers